The Town Clerk is responsible under a variety of state laws for a number of functions including:
- Keep all town records
- Certify the actions of selectmen and other town officials
- Make official reports
- Collect fees
- Serve as an election official
- Record all votes passed by the town
- Register motor vehicles, boats and trailers
- License dogs
- Issue and record vital records (births, marriages and deaths).
The Town Clerk is elected to office and serves a three-year term (RSA 41:16). The Town Clerk may appoint a Deputy Town Clerk with the approval of the Board of Selectmen. The Deputy must be “qualified in the same manner” as the Clerk (RSA 41:18).
Cindy Williams, Town Clerk/Tax Collector
Chris Smith, Deputy Town Clerk/Tax Collector
Town Meeting Minutes: